
Everyone knows I got a Japanese roommate three weeks ago.
大家都知道我三個星期前有了一個日本室友。
His name is Taizao… but I usually call him “Bed Potato.”
他叫大藏… 但我通常都叫他 “床上馬鈴薯”。
He’s a smart and diligent guy, and he scored over 850 on the TOEIC when he first came here.
他是個聰明又勤奮的人,他的TOEIC 超過 850分。
I thought, “Wow, this guy must have some kind of secret study technique.”
我當時心想:「哇!這傢伙肯定有什麼學習秘訣!」
So I observed him for a while… and I realized he only has two modes:
所以我觀察了他一陣子… 然後我發現他只有兩種模式:
Crazy Study Hard Mode
瘋狂學習模式
Lie on the Bed and Study Mode
躺在床上學習模式
That’s all. No other modes.
就這兩種,沒有別的模式了。
I saw him always lying on bed, reading all the time. it looked so powerful, like some genius-level skill.
我天天看他躺在床上,還能一直看書,感覺這技能超強,簡直像什麼天才絕技。
I thought, “I need to learn this skill too!”
我心想:「我也要學會這招!」
So I tried imitating him… laid on my bed with a book…
所以我試著模仿他… 拿本書躺在床上…
But instead of studying, I immediately fell asleep. And I tried many times.
但我不是在學習,我是直接睡著了。而且我試了很多次,結果都一樣。
Turns out, this wasn’t a study mode — it was a hibernation mode.
結果發現,這根本不是學習模式… 這是冬眠模式。
One day, he told me, “The teacher didn’t give him any homework today.”
有一天他跟我說:「今天老師沒給作業。」
I thought if I were your teacher, I’d probably be exhausted because I asked you to write one essay, and you gave me five.
我想我若是你的老師,應該會感覺很累,因為我告訴你寫一篇散文,你給我五篇
Then after dinner, he just went back to bed… and stayed there the whole night.
然後吃完晚飯,他又躺回床上… 一整晚沒動過。
Recently, Bed Potato said he wants to find an internship.
最近,床上馬鈴薯說他想找個實習工作。
He told me, “In Kenya, elephants often destroy village buildings. But bees can scare elephants away.”
他告訴我:「在肯亞,大象經常會破壞村莊的建築,但蜜蜂可以嚇跑大象。」
So now… he wants to intern with beekeeping companies in Kenya.
所以現在… 他想去肯亞找蜜蜂的相關公司實習。
I hope he can find an internship.
我希望他能夠找到一個實習工作
But…I don’t know which one is crazier, the idea of bee research, or this guy might actually do it… on his bed.
我不知道哪件事更瘋狂, 是他這個蜜蜂研究的點子,還是他可能真的會 躺在床上 完成這個實習。
Just kidding!
開玩笑的啦!
I hope he tries something new or take advantage, he’ll develop leadership and courage.
我希望他能嘗試點新東西,或者挑戰自己,這樣他會變得更有領導力和勇氣。
He might even grow into a big outdoor potato.
說不定他還能變成一顆戶外大馬鈴薯呢!
Finally,influence has never been about what you know; it’s always about what you do.
最後,影響力從來的不是你會什麼,而是你做了什麼